Northwest Registered Agent Review 2022 – Pros & Cons and Overall Value (Are They Worth Your Money?)
Official URL: https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com
- Jump to Pros & Cons of Northwest
- A Quick Review of Northwest Registered Agent’s Track Record
- A Quick Video About Northwest
- Quick Northwest Registered Agent Review Summary
- In-depth Northwest Review and Rating = 4.5/5
- How Is Northwest Registered Agent Different From Other LLC Service Providers?
- Pros and Cons of Northwest
- Northwest Registered Agent Pricing & Costs
- 3rd Party Reviews of Northwest (From Trustpilot, BBB & More)
- When You Should and Shouldn’t Use Northwest Registered Agent?
- What’s the Overall Value of Northwest Registered Agent?
- Main Competitors and Alternatives of Northwest Registered Agent
- FAQs About Northwest
- Final Thoughts on Northwest
- Form An LLC With Northwest Registered Agent Today
- Check Out Other LLC Service Reviews Apart From Northwest Registered Agent
A Quick Review of Northwest Registered Agent’s Track Record
Northwest Registered Agent LLC was founded in 1998 from Spokane in Washington and has then steadily grown in reputation. To this day, they have helped to form around two million businesses, and their portfolio is ever-expanding. They aim to be fully transparent to all of their customers, simplifying the process of business formation and other registered agent services. Every single day they are working on more than 200 new LLCs, but are always willing to take on a new client.
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the favored companies in the industry. Although they may not be one of the biggest, they offer a thorough and complete LLC service (one of the best actually). We will take a look at the many pros and cons of this company, what services it can provide, and the pricing options available.
Northwest is one of our top-rated LLC formation services! If you want to discover some more options — read our best LLC services guide here.
Now regarding its name — a registered agent is simply the company that accepts services of processes on behalf of the business for a company or individual. So they not only can provide an LLC formation but also a registered agent service as a standalone as well.
A Quick Video About Northwest
Quick Northwest Registered Agent Review Summary
When forming an LLC it’s very important to take into account several things if you chose to use an incorporation service. Prior to signing up for any of their programs, it is vital to understand the advantages and risks of using their offerings, their costs, and whether or not they meet your demands. To assist you in learning all of this, we will reveal everything about Northwest, including their bundles, their opportunities and challenges, their customers’ comments, and their clients’ most commonly asked questions.
This is why we decided to make this quick Northwest Registered Agent review.
However, before we go any further, we would like to enlighten you about the aspects that we assessed. In the case of Northwest Registered Agent, here are the ones that we considered:
- The Ordering Process | 4/5
- How’s the customer service? | 5/5
- How quick is Northwest Registered Agent (Turnaround time)? | 4.7/5
- How’s the overall pricing and value of Northwest? 4.3/5
Overall, Northwest Registered Agent truly deserves a rating of 4.5/5. They do have top-notch, unrivalled support. Quite high, but very flexible pricing and superb 3rd party reviews from their other customers and top-notch registered agent service.
Unfortunately, their pricing appears to correspond to the high standard of their customer support, which may upset customers, particularly the new generations of business owners. Although, we cannot ignore the fact that Northwest Registered Agent continues to receive favorable feedback on a number of popular platforms, distinguishing them from the plethora of existing LLC formation services.
For now, we’ll be reviewing each of those 4 points in detail further in the article. However, if you are already convinced – we can definitely say that you can freely try Northwest and you won’t be disappointed.
In-depth Northwest Review and Rating = 4.5/5
Here is a breakdown of some of the key service ratings that we think it’s important for every LLC service.
Most people won’t have any idea about what goes into forming a business, and this is hardly surprising. The good news is, you won’t have to stress about trying to work it all out yourself, as this is the point of using a business formation service. Northwest Registered Agent helps to make things as simple as possible, as quickly as possible.
Now we’ve combined a few key aspects of our Northwest Registered Agent review for your judgement.
1. The Ordering Process = 4/5
The Northwest Registered Agent process is simple. It simply requires you to enter your business and personal details and pay the fee, and the rest of the hard work will be done for you. They have got very positive customer reviews, but being a smaller company, there are not as many as their larger counterparts.
Their cost and prices are straightforward and transparent, leaving no room for confusion. The company focuses on its principal service line, without any extras, creating a seamless and hassle-free registration process.
In addition, the order forms and payment sections are geared to provide a complete image of the price of each service. Their web portal, which conveniently stores all of your LLC paperwork, is very simple to utilize.
While the website is entirely functional, it could be better arranged – more modern yet still straightforward. While the site is overflowing with pre-made templates and excellent tools, the overall layout is not as user-friendly as its counterparts in this industry.
The entire process can vary in speed, but when you select your state from the drop-down menu when filling out the form, the estimated turnaround time will be provided, so you will at least have an idea of the timeline of the process.
2. Customer Service = 5/5
Northwest’s most valuable asset is its superior customer solution. When you sign up, you will be paired with a local Corporate Guide who will walk you through the entire procedure and handle any issues that may arise. This is a key selling point since it helps you to build a connection with a reliable advisor and organization.
There are many different ways you can get in contact with the helpful and responsive customer service team. On their website, they have a simple form you can fill in with your inquiry, and you’ll receive a relatively prompt reply. It is clear that you are not just treated as a number, as responses are thorough and detailed, and often go above and beyond simply answering your question. Additionally, you can also contact the team by phone. The representatives will take the time to answer all of your questions to the fullest, with utmost accuracy.
Northwest Registered Agent’s outstanding customer support is regularly mentioned in reviews and testimonials. While several rival firms in this industry consider outsourcing volumes of customer service and even work with foreign call centers, Northwest’s serious dedication to providing high-quality customer service definitely stands out, as their customer service is not employed overseas and is coached and managed within their premises.
Northwest Registered Agent LLC services are priced quite high but in my opinion — superb support justifies it.
3. Turnaround Time = 4.7/5
The speed of Northwest service largely depends on the state you plan to form your LLC. After you pick your state from the platform’s dropdown list, an estimated turnaround time will display on the screen. Processing times can be as quick as a matter of business days in some cases, whereas others take up to 3-5 weeks. Because most states offer expedited handling for a fee, the order form will reflect two lead times.
In spite of the different delivery times, Northwest Registered Agent itself works really great and quickly, so your main concern should be the state clerks because Northwest is definitely providing you a top-notch service. As a result of their “Default Expedited LLC Filing,” they are amongst the industry’s fastest formation services. With this, all orders are accommodated as rush orders, which are submitted on the very same day they were placed.
4. Other Services & Overall Value = 4.3/5
They are the only registered agent service that will locally scan every single document that you receive. It will be scanned in the service office directly to your account, which is where your documents will be received. The aim of this process is to offer good customer satisfaction and to enhance quality control.
Registered agent services only have to scan state and legal mail over to you, but Northwest goes above and beyond with this service, also scanning over normal business mail for no extra charge. No mail or messages from clients or investors who try and contact your company through Northwest Registered Agent will be let slip through the net.
If you are a customer of Northwest Registered Service, you are able to make use of the free online tools. You will only have to enter your corporate data once, as the same data will be filled out every time you file a form. You will also be able to access online copies of all the items the company has ever scanned on your behalf.
Overall — they’re definitely one of our most favorite services out there (even considering their above-than-average price). But that’s not without its PROS. You certainly get what you pay for and a little bit more.
For $225 or $35/mo — you get everything you need + free Registered Agent service for a whole year. Alternatively, you can choose a payment plan of just $35/month and get everything you need without breaking your bank.
Our overall rating of Northwest: 4.5/5
Starting From $35+State Fees
Review count: 890+
Form an LLC today with Northwest! They have unrivalled customer support and company formation experience. 9 out of 10 people recommend Northwest Registered Agent. It’s not the cheapest, but you definitely get what you pay for.
How Is Northwest Registered Agent Different From Other LLC Service Providers?
Business is conducted fairly and the right way. Northwest sets itself apart from other agencies by being completely transparent with its customers. There are no hidden fees, no sales stuff running through a script, no phone extensions for when you are trying to get hold of an actual person and unparallel support is given, without ever being annoying.
The size of a company can matter, and Northwest is perfectly sized. It is not too small so that it is unreputable, but not so big that its customers are just a number. It is the perfect small to medium size, meaning it can provide both a personalized and reliable service.
When it comes to privacy, Northwest Registered Agent will not let you down. They will never sell your data or share it with other third parties. You don’t even have to opt in to make sure that your data is kept private, as privacy by default is automatic.
Pros and Cons of Northwest
Northwest Registered Agent Pricing & Costs
With Northwest Registered Agent, there is just one option for incorporating a company. The simplicity of this and the straightforward nature of the service is one of the main reasons that so many people choose to go with Northwest. You know what you are getting. There is no bells and whistles and added extras, they provide exactly what you need, and don’t throw in anything you don’t need and charge you a premium for it.
The Base Package ($225 + state fees)
(possible monthly option of ~$35/mo)
Their LLC Filing package costs $225, plus state fee, and for this, they will do all the necessary paperwork with the state that is needed to form a business in addition to their regular Registered Agent service. The Registered Agent service alone usually costs $125 every year, so to get a whole year thrown in for the fixed price is a real bonus, and something you wouldn’t see very often. Here is a breakdown of what you’ll receive for this price:
What Will You Get With Their Service Package?
- They will make sure that the LLC name that you want to use is still available by searching the state’s official business database. They will then let you know if they have found that the name has already been claimed by another business or individual.
- As mentioned previously, they will deal with all the documents necessary to outline your basic company. This way, the state will be able to officially form your new LLC. After preparing the documents for you, they will file them with the required state.
- A registered agent’s job is to receive important legal documents on the behalf of your LLC and then forward them on to you. Every LLC in America is required to have this, and a year of this service is provided in the cost of the initial package. After the first year is up, you can renew this service for $125 a year, although you don’t have to if you would rather switch to another company.
- An operating agreement is not something that is needed to from an LLC, yet it is still provided by Northwest. Although it is not compulsory, it is still highly recommended. Essentially, it is the document that describes how your LLC will be operated and shows the ownership structure.
- You will be able to use their address as your official business address, so all the government documents that would otherwise be sent to you, will be sent to them. This way, your personal information won’t have to be shared publicly, and you won’t be inundated with mail from where people have been able to access your address. You should notice that the amount of junk mail that you receive will significantly decrease.
- Every document that they receive on your behalf will be scanned for you, not just the ones that they are legally entitled to scan. They are the only national registered agent service to put this extra effort in for their clients at no extra cost.
Other Perks Included In Their LLC Formation Package
Included in the package, to help get your business up and running, they will also offer initial resolutions, corporate stock certificates and corporate bylaws. This is a really great package, providing everything that you need to get started, and doesn’t confuse things with added services that you won’t need to start with, all for one great price.
Optional Add-Ons With Prices
This is the base package, but if you would like, you also have the option to purchase some add-ons. None of these add-ons are compulsory, and the company will not upsell you or try to convince you to purchase them, it is completely your choice and all additional add-ons will be clearly advertised as such.
They can offer a lot of useful extras, like a virtual office for your LLC, business bank accounts, operating agreements and so on.
Here are some in more detail:
- Northwest will provide a Federal Tax ID number for an additional $50. This number means that your business will be able to hire employees, open business bank accounts and many other things that businesses will likely need to do at some point. For this fee, the company will obtain it for you, saving you the hassle.
- For $9 a month, Northwest Registered Agent will get you a second phone number to use for your business. This can be a very helpful tool to have at your disposal, as your personal line will be kept private, yet any calls to this number will still be forwarded on to you.
- For $100 annually, they will complete your compliance filing for you for that year.
- You can also order their premium registered agent service as a standalone option for $125/year.
- Compliance filing: $100
- EIN filing: $50
- S Corp filing: $50
- Mail forwarding: $40/month
- Virtual office: $49/month
- Certificate of Good Standing: $50
- Certified copy of Articles of Organization: $55
- Physical corporate supplies: $15–$100
- Trucking agent coverage: $125/year
- FCC registration: $125/year
3rd Party Reviews of Northwest (From Trustpilot, BBB & More)
Overall rating and customer reviews of NW Registered Agent are pretty good. They definitely shine in their customer support field. And here are a few Northwest Registered Agent’s reviews from real people on BBB, Trustpilot and more.
- Northwest BBB average rating — 4.29/5 (Visit their BBB profile).
- Northwest has some pretty good customer reviews on Reddit. But subreddits are quite scattered around, so you’ll need to go thread-by-thread to have an overall idea.
- Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t seem to have any reviews on ConsummerAffairs.
- They have some pretty good feedback on Yelp (visit Northwest’s Yelp page).
- Finally, Northwest has some helpful and very well written testimonials on Google Reviews (check them here).
In addition, here are some real people talking about Northwest services (with screenshots):
“A very excellent registered agent and company formation service. I have used others and Northwest has been the best. It’s only slightly more expensive than your average provider and entirely worth it. The account area is nice and support is responsive/knowledgeable. The resources on the website are useful. And the registered agent service includes basic mail forwarding (with limitations, which for my business are fine and save me from needing a PO box). I love ’em.“
“Northwest registered Agent has been an amazing force in setting up my LLC and getting my EIN. They have been patient in explaining and offering guidance. They are not annoying and do everything they can to make the experience easy and painless. Being able to pay in monthly payments for the LLC filing and services is another amazing feature of this company. I highly recommend this business to anyone looking to form their first LLC or company. These guys and gals are just great! I couldn’t ask for more!“
“Hi Ladora, I had a chance to coordinate with our filing team and it does appear that due to a clerical error, the incorrect company name was used for the PA filing order. Our filing team will be filing Articles of Amendment with the PA Department of State free of charge to correct the company name for you. We’ll be sure to to notify you as soon as we receive the completed amendment filing back from the State. So sorry for any inconveniences this caused. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. All the best, Miles DeMarco Corporate Guide Northwest Registered Agent LLC Thanks so much for correcting the company’s name free of charge… such a huge relief more importantly I will write a review highlighting this is why we selected NWR and it’s worth the price b/c of the quality of customer service is unmatched! There is no I in Team!?? Dr. LaDora Matthews, Ph.D., LPC“
“I am more than pleased with the overall service that i have received so far. I will continue to use this business for my business needs. Customer service is great.“
When You Should and Shouldn’t Use Northwest Registered Agent?
After all that we have disclosed to you, you must have a good idea of when and when not to use the services of Northwest Registered Agent. As a result, we have compiled additional reasons or situations for you to like or dislike them. So should you use Northwest or not?
They may not be suitable for each and every customer’s demands, but they do include aspects that could be ideal for you if you bear the following in mind:
Northwest Registered Agent IS FOR YOU…
- if you want to deal with a company that receives only favorable reviews and testimonials,
- if you want a no-nonsense company with fewer extras than other LLC formation providers to appear to emphasize; and
- if you want a one-of-a-kind and high-end customer service experience, as well as a full year of registered agent service.
Northwest Registered Agent is NOT for you…
- if you are on a limited budget because there are organizations that provide LLC formation service with a year of registered agent service asking for far less money and have a lead to increased customer feedback than Northwest;
- if you prefer a more experienced LLC service provider;
- if you want more bundles to choose from and more ways to personalize your order or application; and
- if until now you are not impressed with what you learned about their business and the services they offer.
What’s the Overall Value of Northwest Registered Agent?
Compared with other top business formation services out there, Northwest is on the higher end of the pricing scale, although you do get a lot for your initial investment. The base formation package provides everything you will need, but a good service does tend to come at a higher price point. What is lower than other services in the industry is the fact that they will continue serving as your registered agent in the first year, which is included in the price. This fact is comparatively lower than what many competing services offer.
As they say, you get what you pay for, and this is very true in the case of Northwest Registered Agent. You may be paying a slightly higher price tag, but you will be getting a thorough and reputable service for your money.
The overall value of Northwest: 4.5/5 – Superb!
Main Competitors and Alternatives of Northwest Registered Agent
Alternative #1: ZenBusiness
Review count: 4000+
Form and LLC today with ZenBusiness — a #1 Northwest’s alternative for only $49. They Have 98% customer satisfaction rating and over 4000+ verified reviews. Check our full review of Zenbusiness here.
Alternative #2: IncAuthority
Review count: 4500+
Form an LLC today with IncAuthority starting at $0+state fees. They’re one of best-known services with lots of great customer experience. Here’s a full IncAuthority review.
FAQs About Northwest
Final Thoughts on Northwest
I highly recommend using Northwest if you are in need of a company to help form your LLC. They are without a doubt one of the easiest out there to use and have the best customer support in the industry, which is certainly a strong combination.
Although they are not one of the most well-known companies, they do everything any high-level company can do, and sometimes more. Northwest consistently outperformed almost all of its rival companies, particularly LegalZoom, Incfile, and ZenBusiness, with its one-on-one Corporate Guide approach, proving their reliability and dedication.
Even though Northwest is not the least expensive among others, and it fails to capture some of the extras that many other firms offer, you will discover that it is prepared to give superior service if you dwell on its competence and the key services that it provides.
Ultimately, Northwest Registered Agent is a smart solution for incorporating a company, for LLC filing and drafting legal documentation, as well as for registered agent and compliance services. Their user-friendly online platform, affordable pricing, and transparent and accountable business model make them worth it to work with. Northwest even prioritizes their clients’ safety and confidentiality as a high focus in their operations. Still, choosing the right company for your needs is a personal decision that will depend on many factors, including the price of the service. If you choose to use Northwest Registered Agent as your online corporation service, you will in no way regret your decision
Form An LLC With Northwest Registered Agent Today
Rating: 4.5 Stars out of 5
Northwest Registered Agent
Best-in-the-market customer support and quick, hassle-free LLC formation